One week to go guys.. and who has organised anything? Not many of you I reckon, I’ve definitely done nothing.. but have thought about it alot 🙂 Fathers day is always bitter/sweet for me as my dad passed away pretty much 18 years to the day, 29th May 1996. But it becomes a whole different celebration when you have children where it’s all about my hubby, who is a brilliant dad.
Here’s my 5 favourite ideas, all with some kind of money saving slant to them.
- Dinner out – a great idea as it involves you getting some nice food cooked by someone else.
- Cook dinner – get a nice steak from your local butchers and roast some wedges, sweet potato and normal potato. Maybe a bit of rocket salad on the side. Much cheaper than option 1.
- Get the children to make something. Paint a picture, make a card, make some cookies. This has to go down well.
- A handmade book of gift vouchers offering things like cups of tea made all day, lie in voucher, friday night down the pub voucher.
- Groupon the discount website has loads of fathers day type deals at the moment. Rally driving to spa days to mobile phone accessories. They have even set up a dedicated part of their website to help you choose a deal
Happy Fathers Day!!