5 Frugal Things Post 9
I have had a nice and quiet week so far and have done plenty of things to save the pennies. I have even managed to post a new post on Mrs Mummypenny every day, this 5 Frugal things post 9 makes it 5 days in a row! My posts have been very varied from sharing my top tips for educating your children about personal finance to a competition to win a bundle of Aldi Christmas Light goodies.
- I did a mystery shop on Tuesday, I only do them when I am going to be at or near the shop concerned. This one was checking some ready meals at Tesco to see if they had been shook up in transit. They looked fine to me! I was to buy 4 of them. I received £5 for the mystery shop and I received the 4 lovely healthy ready meals for free. If you would like to do the same, sign up to Red Wig Wam for tons of mystery shopping assignments.
- Every time I go shopping I buy bits of Christmas food then hide them away so no one finds them before Christmas. A slight fail from me this week as I cracked open the honeycomb and ate that, but the thought is there. We have chocolates, biscuits and savoury snacks stashed under the stairs.
- I have had no end of problems with BT since trying to swop from BT to Sky for our broadband and this week finally sees us move over, I placed the order 4 months ago! I have been given an extra £50 compensation for the issues by BT.
- Tesco have 3 for 2 on all of their toys at the moment so I have taken advantage and stocked up on 3 more Christmas Pressies. I am getting there with gifts for the boys.
- Jack and I had 2 days at home this week. We have been creative with our time and used it frugally. We made American Fluffy pancakes, we did jigsaw puzzles and we made airplanes and cars out of lego. You can have lots of fun at home being creative. The jigsaws were were sent to us by Aldi, perfect timing for cold days in.
Next week sees the final birthday of the boys, Jack turns 4 so we are having a little party at home with his little group of friends. The main job for next week is promoting Blogging Your Way to Riches, we will try do this in a money saving way:-)
I’m joining in with the #5frugalthings blog linky. If you’d like to join, or just want to check out other thrifty suggestions, hop on over to visit Cass at Diary of a Frugal Family, Becky at Family Budgeting and Emma at Emma’s Savvy Savings.