Here I am back again for my 5 Frugal things post 5. I believe I am creating a habit here having managed to write this post 5 weeks in a row. Its nice as it encourages me to reflect on the successes from the week with what I have been up and how I have saved money along the way.
- My £50 challenge started this week, so both hubby and I are only allowed to spend £50 each for the whole week. This covers things like nights out, coffees, lunch, general spending. I have failed this week, as I have spent £90, as I had too much planned in. But this included drinks wed night locally, Dinner/drinks in London Thursday. Friday was Stylist Live in London (pictured here after a free Lancome make up session) where we ate freebies and collected free products all day. Saturday was Thai dinner with a friend in Stevenage. Next week is less busy and less costly.
- On Thursday in London I had dinner with my uni friends. We don’t meet up very often so it was lovely to meet up and catch up on life. We used Bookatable to arrange a dinner at M restaurant in the city. The deal was £36 for 3 courses of yummy food and unlimited prosecco. A great deal for food and drink in London town, but it didn’t help my £50 a week budget challenge:-(
- I attended the Yankee candle Christmas showcase on Thursday as well. The limited edition candles were amazing, particularly All is Bright which smelt of beautiful orange and grapefruit. I got a lovely goodie bag with a candle that will be a perfect Christmas pressie for my sister. I walked from Kings Cross to Soho to save £3 tube fare. A beautiful walk through north/central London.
- I bought a flask from Tesco whilst doing a mystery shop. I earned £10 for the mystery shop and then paid £5 for a flask This flask will save oodles of money at the many football games we attend. No more paying for drinks at games as we can take our own. We have got our money back within a week. And it so lovely and warming by the side of the freezing football pitch.
- I filmed a YouTube video of some bargain Aldi goodies that I was sent. Regular readers will know I do quite a few Aldi reviews. There are some bargain products available and it means that all of our Halloween decorations will be free. Check out my video and see if there is anything you fancy. We go all American in this household and decorate the place like crazy so there are lots of bits here to help out with that!