5 Frugal Things from my week Post 2
This week I have been active and productive. A huge progression on wards from last week. I have had various meetings with potential new clients, I have sent out plentiful pitches and I have a few busy weeks of work coming up. Everything is falling into place:-)
- Most of my meetings/coffees/lunches this week have been free. I have either used google hangout for the London Meetings or local coffee shops. I had lunch for free in John Lewis today using ‘my John Lewis’ vouchers or have had coffees bought for me as I have been helping out with advice. New bloggers are approaching me for top tips and I love meeting up to hear their ideas and encourage their creativity.
- I managed to have a look in the beautiful gift shop in Old Welwyn yesterday and only buy one thing, a candle for £10. I love candles and I often light them up to make the house smell amazing and I think it helps with my productivity:-) And the smell of grapefruit and lime is divine.
- Dylan counted up the coins from the Mrs Mummypenny penny jar and we had £90 in £2, £1, 50p and 20ps. This was paid into the bank today along with a couple of cheques that have been hanging around for ages.
- I returned a broken mobile power pack to EE and got £24 money back, it always pays to keep receipts. I did then go and spend £23 on milk thistle and turmuric supplements to help with my gallbladder healing at the health food shop. These were on a special offer – Buy 1 get one half price, so saved £7. And I used my loyalty card.
- I am searching for birthday pressies (I have 3 boys turning 9,7 and 4 within 6 weeks of each other) and bought a book for Dylan today from Amazon. I first looked at it 2 weeks ago and it was £11.99 and just released. Now its £6.99. I saw Ruud Gullit interviewed on Sunday brunch and he was amazing. He was so passionate about football, a perfect book for Dylan as part of his 9th birthday pressies.
6. Sneaky 6th one. Been having no end of problems with BT. Finally it comes to an end in 2 weeks when we swap to Sky. One more painful conversation with another terrible customer service advisor has led to a further £30 credit. I will be writing about this situation, what problems we had and how to fix them. We also got our £180 break of contract fee removed.
It has been a great week for spending very little, I am still keeping my spending diary. As I am really enjoying knowing exactly what I have spent and keeping it under control. This week I have spent just £60. This included my candle, fish & chips dinner, £30 worth of birthday pressies.
Next week will be a higher spending week maybe as I am in London on Monday, Wednesday & Friday for Mrs Mummypenny. Plus on Thursday I am going to see Bridget at the cinema and I am hosting a Hertfordshire bloggers lunch. A busy week:-)