5 Frugal Things Post 10
This week saw a couple of exciting things happen. It was Jacks 4th birthday, marking the last birthday of the boys in a 6 week period, phew. An early release also came for our book, we released it for sale on Amazon 9 days early. All week we have been promoting the book in Facebook groups, to other bloggers, on Twitter. Trying to sell as many books as possible:-) Fun times.
- My first frugal things includes a half price toy that I got for Jack 2 months ago. I spied a box of 6 transformers in Tesco for £30 reduced from £60. I grabbed it knowing he would love it. Indeed he does its his favourite toy and they go everywhere with him.
- A special birthday treat was a visit to the trampoline park. We went to Gravity Force in St.Albans who offer an under 5 bounce session for the first hour of every day. And I had a voucher to pay for it so it was free. Jack loved it, he ran around for an hour, jumping, bouncing, building towers, we played dodge ball. Such a fun thing to do with your little one. Its normally £10 for an under 5 and an adult.
- I have booked our big holiday for next year, a trip to Las Vegas for my 40th birthday. I consistently find that Expedia provides the best holiday rates so we booked using them but to save an extra £115 we booked it via TopCashback. Cashback is so easy, and is extra discount available on most online purchases. Sign up for an account here. To get my Expedia cashback I went first to Topcashback, and searched for Expedia. I found it and clicked on the get cashback button, this linked me through to the Expedia website where I booked the holiday as normal, 5% of the cost of the holiday will be given as cashback after the holiday next April.
- I am saving money today by refusing to even look at the Black Friday offers and deals. I wrote my top tips yesterday about shopping the sales if you are thinking of doing so, take a read of it here. Just a bit of advice to maximise discounts and to ensure you don’t buy a ton of things that you cannot afford. Black Friday chatter also got me on the radio where I was interviewed on Bob FM, a radio station for Herts, Beds, Cambs.
- Have you thought about blogging, do you want to learn how to blog and how to make money from it? Or maybe you already blog and need some tips..well our book Blogging Your Way To Riches will help you out. Here is the link on Amazon. Emma and I are so excited to finally be able to sell it to the public. This book is a great inexpensive way to learn all about the tricks of the trade, why not take a look.
One more week down, the next few weeks will be a challenge with the Christmas season upon us with many a night out planned. I might have to stay sober a few nights! What are your top money savings tips for saving money in this ultra expensive month?
’m joining in with the #5frugalthings blog linky. If you’d like to join, or just want to check out other thrifty suggestions, hop on over to visit Cass at Diary of a Frugal Family, Becky at Family Budgeting and Emma at Emma’s Savvy Savings.