Do you consider yourself a fashion enthusiast but can’t always afford designer price tags? Don’t stress – there are plenty of ways to bag the latest designer gear at a fraction of the original price, starting with designer sales.
These events only happen a few times a year, but the UK has a range of opportunities for you to choose from; it’s all about timing.
So, if you want a cute designer dress or a practical but usually-expensive Chanel handbag, read on, and we’ll tell you how to grab a bargain.
A designer handbag is on the wishlist of any fashionista, but with prices often reaching the thousands, it’s not always possible for that wish to come true.
Brands like Chanel and Chloé are the epitome of luxury, but with careful research, you can find one of these iconic handbags at a much more wallet-friendly price. Here are some of these brands’ classic bags to keep an eye out for when it’s sale time.
Although often pricy even in sales, Chanel handbags are timeless investment pieces that will see you through season after season. Putting one of these on your arm will instantly elevate your outfit no matter the occasion. Some of the best models to invest in include:
- Classic flap bag: This is perhaps the most iconic of all Chanel’s bags, now available in many colours and styles. From the patent leather Double Flap to the tiny yet stunning Le Boy Flap, there’s something in this range for everyone. The Boy bag is an edgier choice, but it’s still timeless and worth investing in if you consider yourself a bit of a fashionista!
- Chanel tote bags: These might be a more recent addition to the range (the 1990s) than the flap bag (1980s), but that doesn’t make them any less of an investment. These larger bags are perfect for everyday use and have plenty of space for all your essentials when shopping with the girls.
Like the flap bag, the Chanel tote comes in a wide range of colours and chain styles, so there’s bound to be something you’ll fall in love with.
This is another French fashion house, but this brand’s styles are more bohemian than Chanel’s. Chloé bags let the wearer add a touch of effortless Parisian chic and style to their outfit – so why not consider adding one of the following gorgeous styles to your wardrobe?
- Drew bags: The Drew is one of Chloé’s most classic and iconic styles, with a signature gold chain strap setting it apart from other designs. Add a touch of luxury to any look with a Drew bag. They come in a range of colours and sizes – you might find the bag of your dreams in this collection.
- Faye bags: The Faye is another of this fashion house’s top sellers – the sleek, modern design has a unique ring and chain closure that you’re unlikely to see elsewhere. A true head-turner that’s bound to make you the envy of all your friends!
- Mini bags: If you prefer a tiny bag to keep just what you need (and avoid any aching shoulders), a Chloé Mini bag could be just what you’re after. These little bags make up for in looks what they lack in size – they’ll add a nice little pop of colour to your outfit and allow you to keep the essentials close to hand.
Designer dresses are often versatile and timeless – once you get your hands on one, you’ll want to wear it to every occasion imaginable! If you’re going to take your wardrobe to a whole new level, consider these iconic designer labels:
This Italian fashion house offers understated elegance through classic designs. Their dresses are perfect for formal events and will make you look your best.
Armani’s range of wrap dresses is flattering and elegant, making them a fantastic investment. On the other hand, consider adding a staple to your wardrobe in the form of an Armani shift dress. From the office to nights out, these styles come in many cuts and colours, so you can find the one that best reflects you.
If you’re looking for something a little more daring, Givenchy is the brand to consider. If you want to turn heads and make a statement with your look, there’s a Givenchy style to help you do just that.
Givenchy has fabulous cocktail dresses to choose from if you want to go all-out with a ruffled or sequinned cocktail dress. Or do you want something extraordinary for a one-off occasion? One of the fashion house’s maxi dresses in flowing chiffon will do the trick.
Of course, no fashionista would be without a little black dress, so why not choose a Givenchy one for your next night out or formal event?
Coats are a wardrobe staple, and not just in the winter months. If you’re looking for impeccable craftsmanship and luxurious designs, consider a coat from Dolce & Gabbana or Burberry to see you through year after year.
The Italian fashion house offers fashionistas an outstanding choice of vibrant, bold styles, so keeping warm in winter doesn’t have to mean compromising style. If you want a timeless style to wear to any occasion, one of the brand’s double-breasted coats is what you need. From wool to cashmere, there’s something for everyone – not to mention a rainbow of colours for you to pick from too.
Alternatively, consider a fur coat if you want the ultimate luxury to keep you cosy when temperatures drop. You’ll make a statement when you step out in one of these. If you’d rather blend in but still want to look amazing, Dolce & Gabbana’s parkas are our top pick. Again, they come in countless styles and colours, but they’re much more casual and understated than fur coats.
The British designer might be best known for its iconic trench coat, but that’s not all they offer. While these coats are designed to last for years and can be considered a wardrobe staple, Burberry’s quilted coats are excellent for staying warm during the chilly British winter. Puffer coats are also highly recommended if temperatures drop, but you want to keep on top of your style game.